Friday, May 27, 2005

I finally figured out why XBMC wasn't working. This one sure racked my brain. Here's the long version.

I built an entertainment center for the movie room with the equipment shelf way on the left side. I obviously didn't take cable length into account as all my component cables were a few inches too short to reach the inputs on the TV. Because component cable is not cheap, I rerouted all equipment to pass through my A/V tuner, with only this going to the TV. Unfortunately, I had no more inputs on the tuner for the Xbox, so I had to plug this directly into the TV. Well, XBMC recognized that component cables were connected and output 1080i. Since I only have one HD input on my TV, the Xbox is plugged into a 480p input. Hence, a scrambled picture. My current workaround is to force Xbox to down convert to 480p, which is fine for now as I don't have any HD games or movies.

As I said, this sure took a lot of brain.

No comments: