Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Back in high school, I experimented with lucid dreaming. I was never able to fully control my dreams often, but I was making progress. Although I was wasn't able to recognize my dream state, I was able to control my dream "oddities", in particular, flying.

I bring this up because there was a digg post about "hacking the mind" dealing with lucid dreaming. (I don't know if I'm a fan of the "hacking" buzz word. It seams to be everywhere.) This got be interested again, and I've begun the process of training myself to acknowledge the dream state. One part is to keep a dream journal to not only remember your dreams, but to find signs that you might be dreaming. However, I've been getting little sleep lately, and am so tired that my sleeps are very deep. I can't remember what I did the night before let alone what I did in my dreams.

Anyway, more to come on this "mind hack" when something happens.

No comments: