Wednesday, February 1, 2006

I've been playing with my PSP, trying to figure out the homebrew scene. Recently I found a 1.5 firmware, which allows 100% of the homebrew applications to run. The firmware doesn't come with any real features that I'd like (browser, numerous image and video extension compatibility), but there are some homebrew that can accommodate. Realizing that to get a particular homebrew browser to run is a bit cumbersome, I decided to upgrade to 2.0. While I can't run 100% homebrew now, 2.0 still allows about 80%. However, 2.6 just came out with a lot of built in functionality, including RSS audio feeds. This means that you can set up an RSS of music files on your home network and "stream" them to the PSP. This of course means you don't have to waste valuable space on the memory stick for your files. But I think I'll wait to upgrade until I figure out what I really want to do with the PSP.

No comments: