Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In seems like in most things I do in life, I get to a certain point and quit for some reason. I'm trying to figure out if it's motivation or lost of interest. However, these don't seem to explain it since I usually start seeing the benefits in the projects at the time I quit, which I would think would motivate me more. For example, this blog. I'm able to post quite a bit and then stop, but after reading the history and seeing the point of doing this, I regret not keeping at it.

Another example. Back in high school and then again a few years ago, I was looking into lucid dreaming. I got so far as to recognize when I'm dreaming and begin to control it on a regular basis, but then stopped, right when I was seeing the benefits of all this practice. Now, after somehow being reminded of lucid dreaming again, I'm back to practicing. Let's see if it sticks.

No comments: