Thursday, February 8, 2007

I've been having some problems with Mobil (Xbox) playing movies from zion (server). I recently reconfiged the samba users on zion and thought Mobil just didn't have access anymore. But I still could browse zion. I would queue a movie to play, Mobil would recognize it was a divx file, but then abort procedure. Maybe Mobil had read only permissions. So I change the directory to public executable, still no luck. I did some research and found others had a similar problem when XBMC tried to output a resolution that their display didn't like. My Mitsubishi accepts 480i, 480p, and 1080i. I have XBMC outputting at 1080i, so there shouldn't be an issue. Anyway, I set XBMC to be 480p and now the movies play fine. Currently I don't have any movies higher than that, and I'm too busy playing the 360 to worry about games on Mobil, so this fix is fine. Perhaps I'll look into this some more later ... doubtful.

No comments: