Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Sleep Number bed came today, in several boxes, in the rain. The estimated assembly time was one hour. It took me two, with my excuse being that I basically had to set up two beds. The king is actually just two twins. They said no tools required, and instead used wing nuts. Well, I'd rather have a drill to tighten screws than tighten a million wing nuts by hand. My fingers are quite raw. At any rate, what the instructions don't take into account is the prep time, which was about 40 minutes. This included getting beer from the beer store, disassembling the current bed, finding a new place for all the stuff forgotten about under the bed, vacuuming a two inch layer of dust bunnies, and going to the bathroom from drinking too much beer already.

We'll see how this bed "changes my life forever".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28:06:42:12...