Thursday, November 9, 2006

Wow, seven months since my last post. I apparently got out of the routine of posting nightly, and apparently one thing lead to another, and now it's November. I suppose a brief update regarding the last few posts might be good ... I ended up not taking the spring exam and sat for the fall exam, which was last Thursday. There, all caught up.

As a treat, more an opportunity, I booked a trip to London to visit Karl whose over here on business. So, right now I'm in London at the hotel drinking a pint.

I left Minnesota at 5:00pm, had a layover in Detroit for 2 hours, then landed in London at 10:00am local time, which would be 4:00am home time. The way I figure it, I should experience no "jet lag" as I'll be going to bed around 3:00am and getting up around 9:00am (which would be 9:00pm to 3:00am home time). If I can stay on this schedule, then my body really won't need any adjusting. Everyone I've talked to said this won't be the case and somehow my body won't cooperate. Anyway, I got about 4 hours of sleep on the plane coming to London. Right now it's 10:00pm here and I won't go to sleep for another 5 hours. I'm a little sleepy, but I attribute that to all the pints I've drank during lunch (which would be my breakfast). Karl is sleeping right now and will get up in a few hours to go to work, and I'll be able to sleep while he's at work. Brilliant. So, along with activities we do, I'll keep you posted about my "jet lag".

Today's activities were pretty laid back. I got in to Gatwick at 10:00am, customs was a breeze so I was able to take the 10:37am train to Watford. Since this was an hour earlier than I told Karl, I walked from the station to the hotel, which was less than a mile. Watford is maybe an hour from London, so the locals were quite polite and I was offered a ride several times along my walk. We ate lunch and drank beer at O'Neills, toured the local shops, and drank some whiskey.

We'll either go out to another local pub (or more) with Karl's coworkers or possibly head to London tomorrow. Bigger adventures await ...

No comments: