Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I had quite the excursion in Texas tonight. I went on a 9 mile circuit around the hotel looking for geocaches. It started off good, found two right away. The third was difficult since night started setting in. I decided to leave that one and head to the next. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account the large golf coarse and the even larger lake between me and the next cache. So after quite the detour, the next one was in an alley like walkway. It's now pitch black and the cache is located in a vine covered wall. Using my cell phone as a flashlight did not help. Imagine that. So, now it's completely dark, closing in on 8:00pm, and the co-workers are probably gone out to dinner. I start heading back and have about 3 miles. Luckily there was a Pizza Hut on the way. Apparently in Texas, there's no such thing as a "personal pan pizza". The dude made me a "small" pizza and charged me 2 bucks. We got to talking about beer and also apparently Guinness is $10 for a 6 pack and extremely hard to find. I told him it's about $6 in Minnesota and in every liquor store.

Anyway, a fun adventure indeed.

No comments: