Thursday, October 27, 2005

I had more issues with my study program today. I should say that I had more issues with my company's firewalls. I couldn't access the server that my study program is located on from any computer within the company. This happened last week as well. And when I tried again in the afternoon, it worked. I didn't bother with the help desk, but if it happens again, I might need to. My thoughts are that maybe the company's firewall has a threshold of number of requests to a server per hour, to prevent DOS attacks. But I'd say I only request about 15 times an hour, which shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, it's kind of frustrating to not know when it won't work, especially since there's less than a week until the exam. And especially if I'm going to allow other students within the company to use this, I'll need to have this problem worked out.

No comments: