Sunday, February 6, 2005

I spent quite a few dollars at Circuit City today. I went there for an HR10-250. This is the DirecTV HD DVR. I got it installed right before the Super Bowl began. Now, I'm not a football fan, but watching this game in high definition sure had me tuned in. Actually, anything broadcasted in high definition would get my attention. It sure will be hard to watch standard definition now.

So, like I said, I went there for this box, and came out with a lot more. I also picked up another HD montior for upstairs with matching stand. Figured I should pick another DirecTV box for it. Got the necessary cables, including the HD kit for Xbox. I never knew that retail stores allowed negotiation, but it appeared they were expecting some. The HR10-250 normally costs around $1000, but I suggested $850 and they accepted. (When I got home, I called DirecTV and asked if they could give me a credit for being a loyal customer and upgrading to HD. They gave me another $250 off without a fight.)

I got many new toys to play with now. I am very happy. Did I mention HD is incredible? I know it's just TV, but c'mon.

No comments: